Thursday 26 June 2014

bookshelf scavenger hunt


My creativity is lacking today and I'm still working on a review so here, have a tag! I'm not sure who started this but it was fun and I know it's kind of an older tag but you should do it too.



Find an author's name or title with the letter Z in it. 
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I've been meaning to read this one since high school so yeah, probably should get on that.

Find a classic. 
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. I did my independent study in grade 12 on this book, but I don't think I ever actually finished reading it (oops).

Find a book with a key on it. 
Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen. This was my first Sarah Dessen book, and I'm pretty sure it was what kickstarted my unending love for YA.

Find something on your bookshelf that's not a book. 
A mini replica of Michelangelo's David that my brother got me when he was in Europe a few years back. Also, my sloth and pig webkinz that two of my friends got me for my birthday. :)

Find the oldest book on your shelf. 
My paperback of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I honestly don't even know why I still have this one because it's literally falling apart at the seams, and I bought a brand new box set of all the books last year. But oh well.

Find a book with a girl on the cover. 
Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols. Still need to read this one, and honestly I'm not 100% sure what it's about. Again, oops.

Find a book that has an animal in it. 
Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway. The protagonist has this gigantic cat named Bendomolena. Alsothisbookishilariousandawesomeandyoushouldreaditrightnowplease.

Find a book with a male protagonist. 
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. I mean, I can't really say anything about this book because everyone and their dog has read it/seen the movie, so there you go.

Find a book with only words on the cover. 
OCD Love Story by Corey Ann Haydu. Okay, this cover is awesome. It's pink and yellow and says the title and then, repeatedly, "I will not stalk that boy." Story of my life, girl.

Find a book with illustrations in it. 
Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer. I actually just bought this book last week and haven't even touched it since I put it on my bookshelf, but yeah! Cute drawings inside.

Find a book with gold lettering.
The Host by Stephenie Meyer. I'm not sure where the dust jacket is for this one, but the inside spine has gold lettering so let's go with that.

Find a diary (true or fictional). 
I'm not sure if I have one. I have all these books on my tbr shelves that very well could be diary-style books, but I haven't seen anything. I could use The Perks of Being a Wallflower but that feels like cheating since I already used it. How about we just go with Tom Riddle's diary in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

Find a book written by someone with a common name. 
Anything by John Green, really. I'm not about to list all his books but I have all of them so you can figure that out for yourselves.

Find a book that has a closeup of something on it. 
Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone by Kat Rosenfield has a closeup of a rose and dirty legs. Cool story: I just got this book at Chapters for like $2.50. And it's a hardcover. YEP.

Find the book that takes place during the earliest time period. 
Do plays count? Because then it's Macbeth by Shakespeare. If not, it's probably Emma by Jane Austen. If we're being completely honest I have a shit ton of classics and I'm not completely certain of the time periods for all of them.

Find a hardcover book without a jacket. 
Ugh, so many. Before I started getting serious about my books I was just super horrible and lost them all the time. There's a couple Sarah Dessen books, a couple Lauren Myracle books, and a couple Stephenie Meyer books. I feel bad.

Find a teal/turquoise coloured book. 
How to Love by Katie Cotugno. I love this cover. It's my favourite colour in all the land and half the stuff I own is this colour. I'm not joking.

Find a book with stars on it. 
I don't think I have one with pictures of stars, so I'm going to cheat and say The Fault in Our Stars by John Green because hello, it has the word "stars" on it. That counts, right?

Find a non-YA book. 
The Writer's Market, which is a giant book of publishers and publishing stuff. Using it in my quest for world domination.
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment