Thursday 25 September 2014

liebster award aka i'm basically famous

I got nominated for the Liebster Award! Thanks to Anna for nominating me, definitely check out her blog.

So, since I had no clue what this award was about when I got nominated, I'm just going to assume a good amount of people don't know either. Basically, the point of the Liebster award is to spread word of new and relatively unknown bloggers. Which is awesome.

Here are the rules:
1. Link and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 11 questions they asked. 
3. Pick 1-5 other bloggers with no more than 200 followers to nominate.
4. Ask them 11 questions and let them know you nominated them by commenting on their blog. 

Let's get started! These are the questions Anna asked.

1. Paperback or hardback? 
It depends. I usually like paperbacks better just because I find them easier and don't have to worry about dust jackets and stuff like that, but if I get a series that isn't finished yet and some are out in paperback but the newer ones are hardback I'll go with the hardback versions because I like my series to match all pretty. :) (holy run on sentence, by the way)

2. Do you ever write in a book?
Ugh. No. Unless it's a book for school and I know I'm never ever going to read it again. But even then, it physically pains me to ruin the book. I'm cringing just thinking about it. Ugh.

3. What is the best book you have read this year?
So many. This one was best at fucking with my emotions. This one was best at making my heart smile and poop butterflies. This one was best at making me fall in love with a preteen.

4. How would you describe your favourite book series of all time in an ice-cream flavour? 
So, my favourite series is Harry Potter. And I'd probably say the ice cream flavour for that would be bubblegum. Not what you expected, right? Well, hear me out: When you start reading the series it's all sweet and relatively simple, just a good book to get lost in. BUT THEN. Eventually you get the little gumballs that make it more complicated, more substantial. And you have to be careful when you eat those gumballs because you might choke on them and not be able to handle how intense it gets.

5. Do you own any autographed books?
Yes! I own two, and both of them were super duper cheap from Target. I got this one a couple months ago for I think 25% off, and then. YOU GUYS. The other day I was at Target and they had a buy one get one free sale on books, and I got a signed copy of this one for free! I know, right?

6. Who is the character you want to kill the most at the moment? 
Probably Angie from Seventeenth Summer. I had to read it for one of my classes and oh my god, she is so irritating.

7. Do you ever read all night? 
That's basically how I live during school.

8. What's your favourite casting for a character in a book to movie adaptation?
I'm just gonna go with the first one that popped into my head, which is Logan Lerman as Percy Jackson. Not because of its accuracy, but just because I have a teeny tiny crush on Percy, and the fact that Logan isn't a twelve year old makes me feel a bit better about that.

9. A song to fit your fictional crush? 
I can't think of a song right now. But Percy Jackson.

10. A place where you want a book to be set in? 
I think it would be awesome to read a book set in North-Western Ontario (where I live). I know Anna Dressed in Blood  is actually set in my town, so that's awesome. I really want to read a book that captures how gorgeous this area of the world is.

11. Do you ever have book related dreams? 
Only every day of my life. I actually had a Nyquil-induced dream last night which involved Voldemort kidnapping me out of loneliness. So, yeah, that happened.

I'm going to nominate the lovely Erin @ Book VoyageurKay @ It's A Book Life, and Erin @ The Hardcover Lover. Here are your questions:

1. What is your all time least favourite book?
2. Do you read every day?
3. What's your favourite book cover?
4. Do you read fanfiction?
5. Have you met any of your favourite authors?
6. What's the next book you plan on reading?
7. If you could pick one character to push in a pit of lava, who would it be?
8. Who is your favourite fictional pet?
9. Do you ever prefer the movie over the book?
10. Who's your favourite book couple?
11. Ebooks or physical books?




1 comment on "liebster award aka i'm basically famous"
  1. Oh my, your blog is absolutely gorgeous! :O The pink is so pretty! Not to mention your posts are great! I've had a few harry potter dreams before, I think I once slapped Harry full in the face cause he wouldn't share his butterbeer ^_^ But bubblegum really is quite right! What about... Rum and raisin, because it's fun and good, but you really do get a little bit potter drunk when reading :D
    (You have a follow from me by the way!)

    ReplyDelete