Tuesday 7 July 2015

top ten hyped books i've never read


Happy Tuesday, my lovely friends. I'm currently sitting in my back yard with a coffee and a book, enjoying my day off. What a perfect time to write! Today, we're talking about hyped books we haven't yet picked up (or don't plan on picking up at all!). Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Let's get started!



1. The Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth


The thing with me and this series is that I want to read it, but I'm at the point where I've already been spoiled. Obviously more happens than that one thing that everyone talks about (not saying it for fear of spoiling other people and making them mad at me), but since I found out the ending I've kind of been a little unmotivated to read it. I do have the whole series on my shelf, so I'm sure I'll get to it at some point... Just don't know when. I will say that I read the first book and really enjoyed it, so at least I'm somewhat in the loop. :)




2. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak


This is one of those books where I really, really want to read it, but I feel like I need to set aside a day to completely be consumed by my emotions after reading. Once I have a stretch of two days off in a row, this'll be my guy.


3. The A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R. R. Martin


Probably the most hyped thing ever right now. I do watch the TV show (not caught up on season 5 yet so don't you dare spoil me) but I would really like to be caught up on the series before season 6 starts next year!


4. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey


Guys. I was SO excited to read this book. Like, I can't even explain how pumped I was for it. I honestly don't even know why it's been sitting on my bookshelf for almost a year, untouched. Soon.


5. Girl Online by Zoe Sugg 


Honestly, the only thing that makes me kind of interested in this book is the fact that I actually really like Zoella, despite the fact that I'm not her typical audience. The cover's cute, and it sounds like a cute story, but I don't know. Pretty much the only positive reviews I've seen of this book are from the 12 year old girls who worship her, so it's probably not for me. Maybe if it ends up being a bargain book at Chapters I'll pick it up, but for now it's not a priority.

6. The Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout 


I remember talking about this series last year, saying that I wish I had the pretty bindups and once I had those, I'd finish the series. Well, I got the bindups but still haven't continued it. I actually have a shit load of Jennifer L. Armentrout's books, and the only one I've read so far is Obsidian. Gotta get on that. 

7. Wild by Cheryl Strayed


There was an English class last year that I kind of wanted to take but ended up passing on called Adventure Writing, and this was one of their required texts. I kind of wish I had taken the class now because it would have given me a solid excuse to read it, but the course included a mandatory week-long dogsledding trip into the forest in the middle of winter, and I just don't get along with nature that well. But I do really want to read this, and there's definitely been a ton of talk about it lately. I think it was adapted into a movie as well, but I'm really not sure. Someone clear this up for me.:)

8. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins 


If we're being perfectly honest here, I pretty much know nothing about this book. But I've seen it everywhere in the past couple of months, and I know that it's a psychological thriller which I've been more interested in since reading Gone Girl. 

9. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard 


This one is actually really exciting because a) I ordered it recently and it should be coming in the mail tomorrow, and b) The cover for the sequel was just revealed today! I'm definitely going to be reading this one very soon. 

10. Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James


Really just not interested at all, thanks.


What are some hyped-up books you haven't read yet? Let me know, and have a great day!

2 comments on "top ten hyped books i've never read"
  1. I loved Divergent and The Book Thief.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Here's my TTT

    My $30 giveaway ends soon so check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my absolute favorites are on your list, like Game of Thrones and The Book Thief. Both are definitely worth picking up, even though they may seem a bit daunting because they are so thick. I have Wild on my shelf but haven't read it either!

    And I wouldn't recommend Fifty Shades at all. I figured I wanted to form my own opinion of it and read the first book and just couldn't deal with the messages it gives... But to each his own, right?

    ReplyDelete